Professional Development Seminar Series 2023
This series of seminars targets members and the general public who are interested in knowing more about different aspects of archival management and hearing from experienced professionals in the field.
Our goals are to promote:
- Cultural heritage keeping
- Appropriate organization of archival records
- Effective access to archives
- Dissemination and preservation of documentary heritage
The first seminar, “Overview on Archives Management”, will be held in April, and is designed for novice archival workers or members of the general public who would like to know more about archives and records. The seminar will cover the following topics:
Introduction to archives - What is a record and what are archives?
Setting up an archive - Resources and cornerstones
Key functions in an archive - Basics on managing archival collections
Dates April 1st, 15th & 22nd ( Three Saturdays)
Time 10 am - 12.30 noon
Venue Multi-Purpose Room,
L2, Hong Kong Baptist University Library,
34 Renfrew Road, Kowloon Tong
Course Fee HK$ 560/ head for Members;
HK$ 700/ head for non-members
Medium of Conduction Cantonese
Presenter Ms. Agatha Sit (BA, MLA, ACA, SAA(A&D)
President, Hong Kong Archives Society
Agatha is an experienced archivist, a librarian, and a knowledge management administrator. She has presented scores of workshops & lectures on organizing information to archivists, librarians, and educators, and served as a part-time lecturer at the University of Hong Kong for the Library and Information Science programme in Bachelor & Master levels since 1995 to 2019, and the External Examiner for the Teacher-Librarianship programme in HKU SPACE since 2022. Agatha is currently the President of the Hong Kong Archives Society, a member of the Academy of Certified Archivists, Society of American Archivists, the Archives Association of British Columbia and an alumnus of the University of British Columbia.
The Hong Kong Archives Society will award a certificate of attendance to those participants who achieve 100% course attendance.
For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
* We accept bank transfers to our HSBC Account ( No. 848-506168-838 ) and cheques made payable to "Hong Kong Archives Society Limited" to Hong Kong Archives Society, PO Box 8374, General Post Office, Hong Kong BEFORE MARCH 27th, 2023 Monday 12noon.
• Fees are non-refundable unless the Society cancels the seminar due to 1) insufficient numbers of participants; or 2) unavailability of presenter or venue due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the Society’s control
• Registration can be transferred to members of the registrant's colleagues of the same attached/ affiliated institution with prior notice to the Society via email at email@example.com