This workshop aims to provide hands-on training to professionals and para-professionals of the Library, Museum or other Information Management institutes who are interested in or responsible for setting up an archives for their institutions. Participants of the program will gain fundamental theories, knowledge and practical skills in setting up and operating a Small Archives.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the nature and significance of and differences between “documents”, “records” and “archives” ;
- Understand the principle of records life cycle and the various components of records and archives management;
- Understand the various functions of an archives;
- Understand the core duties and responsibilities of archivists, as well as the basic tools employed by archivists in the administration of archives;
- Know how to “arrange” and “describe” archival materials;
- Know how to manage and operate an archives.
- Fundamentals of records and archives
- Records systems
- Archival appraisal and accession
- Archives arrangement and description
- Archives design and setting up records management programs
- Archives preservation and access
Course Code 2017_AM_01
Dates September 5, 7, 12, 14, 21 and 28 (6 evenings in 18 hours)
Time 7 - 10 pm
Venue Room 1B, 14/F., On Lok Yuen Building, 25-27A Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong
Course Fee HK$2,000
Teaching Medium Cantonese
The Hong Kong Archives Society will award a certificate of attendance to those participants who achieved a minimum of 80% course attendance.
For enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the Registration Form (Word) / Registration Form (pdf) email the completed form(s) to email@example.com, and mail the original signed form(s) with a cheque made payable to "Hong Kong Archives Society Limited" to Hong Kong Archives Society, PO Box 8374, General Post Office, Hong Kong.