HSBC Corporate Archivist - HSBC Technology and Services : 000053AY
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Technology and Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HTS combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as HSBC Corporate Archivist.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join HSBC's team of archivists spanning London, Hong Kong, Paris and New York in the build up to the bank's 150th anniversary next year.
- This will involve answering historical enquiries; supervision of researchers; tackling preservation tasks; curating displays and helping to host visits at the Archives centre.
- Contributes to HSBC’s corporate memory through ongoing appraisal and transfer of historical records.
- Identifies, catalogues and tracks the archives to designated standards. .
- Participates in the application of standards for secure storage and preservation of digital and physical archives to mitigate risks of loss/deterioration.
- Curates the Asia-Pacific collection in support of HSBC’s purpose, strategy, brand and values. Responds to requests from colleagues at all levels within the bank; from customers and clients; the media; members of the public etc.
- Contributes to the running and promotion of the Asia-Pacific enquiry service: handles day-to-day requests for historical information; and to support academic research on HSBC and banking history.
- Provides assistance to internal and customer-facing outreach projects (e.g. publications, exhibitions, educational programmes, presentations and tours) to support engagement. Collaborates with the Global Archives team; Functions & Businesses and external bodies to achieve this.
- Contributes to the overall output of the Global Archives function.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- The jobholder must have a first degree in a relevant discipline and ideally a post-graduate qualification in Archives Management (or a related discipline such as Records Management/Library Studies - with specialism in Archives).
- The jobholder will have previous experience working in Archives - preferably with some time spent in a corporate environment. Recently qualified Archives graduates are welcome to apply.
- You will have enthusiasm and initiative; with a strong understanding of how Archives can be used to support the objectives of a multinational business. Strong curatorial and communication skills are required for extensive outreach work. Customer service and time management skills are essential. Excellent written and spoken English and ideally Cantonese.
- Familiarity with CALM and SDB/Preservica software - and previous experience working with digital records - will be an advantage.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.