Job Req ID: 2205
John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Limited is the holding company of the publicly-listed conglomerate, Swire Pacific Ltd. Our Swire Archives Department is now inviting candidates to apply for the following position:
Swire Archives’ mission is to provide archives service and stakeholder engagement service to Swire group companies in Hong Kong, the Chinese Mainland, Taiwan and Singapore.
The job holder will support the management of Swire archive collections, and assist in collection development, access and reference services in the archives service function.
- Support in collection and acquisition of archives, such as appraisal, surveys of records, and accessioning of new deposits
- Monitor the storage/location management system, and access and retrieval of archives including arranging loans
- Undertake cataloguing and description of archives
- Support the preservation management of archives, including formats with specialised requirements
- Conduct historical research and respond to internal and external enquiries
- Supervise and facilitate onsite users conducting research in archives
- Occasionally support Swire Archives outreach activities, communications, and promotion
- Bachelor degree holder; post-graduate qualification in archives and records management or related discipline preferred
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in archives or related fields. Candidates with less experience may be considered Archive Assistant
- Experience in cataloguing and arrangement of archives; use of archive/collections management systems
- Experience in conducting historical research
- Proficient command of verbal and written Chinese and English, proficiency in Putonghua is preferred
At Swire, we are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment for all our people regardless of their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, relationship, family status, disability, race, ethnicity, nationality, religious or political beliefs. We believe in creating an environment where people feel comfortable at work and are able to realise their full potential.
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate. If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this position, you can send your application by clicking ‘Apply Now
’. We will contact all shortlisted candidates.